When we get stuck, it seems that we will be stuck forever and will never be able to continue on towards our goals. But, it’s not all as bleak as it seems – you have the power to get yourself unstuck!
If you are feeling stuck in life right now, please remember these seven things.
7 Things to remember When You’re Feeling Stuck in Life.
1. When you feel stuck it usually means it’s time for a change.
You probably already know what that change needs to be. Some common changes people need to make in their lives (changes which they can enjoy) to avoid staying stuck, that are really hard to do, include:
- You might need to move to a new city.
- You might need to change your job.
- You might need a new partner.
- You might need new friends.
If you really don’t know what to change or where to start, do something small for starters.
- Maybe change the gym in which you exercise.
- Go to work on a different route.
- Go out with friends to a new place, or just swish Friday nights for Saturday nights.
- Change anything, and sooner or later you will get to the crux of what you subconsciously know you need to change, but still haven’t justified to yourself.
2. You don’t need to have a plan to keep moving forward.
That doesn’t mean not having a plan forever. But consider that not all who wander are lost’.
Wen I accomplish something I wanted to for a while, I feel this sense that is a mix of relief, indifference and calmness, and am not sure where to go next.
And that’s OK. It’s perfectly fine to wander for a while, until you figure out where’s the next point you want to take your life towards.
3. An ending in your life also means a new beginning.
Many times people are afraid to change something because they falsely believe that they will not find a replacement for the old, negative, incompatible friend, activity or habit.
It is true that your life might be worse off for a little while, but then it gets better.
An alternative path to consider might be to find a replacement for what you want to change first, and then it’s out with the old, and in with the new.
- If you want to stop drinking sugary drinks, you might want to stockpile tea.
- If you want to quit your old job, find a new one first.
4. Listen to your intuition, rather than what your logical mind tells you.
This is the mistake often made. Some things sound logical, but don’t feel right. We still do them. When I listened to my logic instead of my intuition, I made the biggest mistakes in my life.
- Transitioning to a job that is logically the one we should be at for a possibly less paid one, in a completely new field – but one that we really feel we should be doing – is a hard transition to make, but only the power of hindsight will reveal why it was a good one.
- Similarly, stopping to hang out with a friend who seems perfect, but our gut tells us is working against our interest might be hard, but worth it.
Gather the courage and go with what your gut is telling you. It usually knows what will be a better decision for you long term and what will make you a happier person.
The simple question to ask yourself is: Do you trust Life or the Universe and do you believe it is working in your interest, or not? If the answer is yes, always go with your gut. Or just learn to be more trusting first.
5. Everything happens for a reason and you don’t need to know what that reason is right now.
We will rarely know the reason for why something happens upfront. **Only in hindsight will it be clear to us.*
You don’t need to know that reason upfront in order to do what needs to be done to progress in your life’s journey.
6. You are where you are meant to be right now, in order to get to where you want to go in life.
If you trust the Universe you already know and feel this.
Life is not meant to be easy. Easy is boring. We need challenges, and although they are often frustrating, surpassing them teaches us a lot about this World and ourselves and helps us grow.
That is what matters.
7. Your future will look amazing and you will get to where you want to go.
Everyone always fulfills their life purpose, they just might not be aware of it.
To test if you’ve fulfilled your life purpose, ask yourself whether or not you’re alive. If the answer is yes – you haven’t!
This article will help you to get closer to discovering your purpose, and taking a glimpse of your future while communicating with your future self.
If you connected with this message, please share it with a friend.