Chakras represent energy points in our bodies. They are located on the mid line of our bodies and they govern aspects of our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
In this article we will look at what opening any or all of the seven major chakras can do for your life.
This is an overview of how balancing your root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, brow and heart chakra can help you balance your life.
By balancing your chakras you will:
- Live a fun, happy, peaceful and fulfilling life.
- Achieve mental and physical wellbeing.
- Resolve your emotional issues including dissolving all of your anxieties and fears.
- Become focused and clear about your life by increasing awareness.
- Unlock access to your higher self and true enlightenment by trading negative with positive vibrations and energies.
You can find a complete chakra opening meditation collection here.
Let’s go over each individual major chakra and see how balancing the chakras will help you.
Muladhara (The Root Chakra)
The root chakra is the first and lowest major chakra point in your body.
It governs your sense of physical and mental stability and security, your anxieties, fears and your sex drive.
- Physical side: Sexuality;
- Mental side: Stability;
- Emotional side: Sensuality;
- Spiritual side: Sense of security;
By opening up your root chakra you will be able to:
- Feel more secure and stable, both physically and mentally. You will be able to face your fears with ease because of your newfound stability – it will no longer be able to stop you from reaching for your dreams.
- Feel much calmer in stressful situations than you’re used to. Stress affects us all, but you are able to deal with it better when your root chakra is open.
- Feel much more enthusiastic to have some bedroom fun with your partner. As the root chakra is the lowest chakra in our body, it tends to deal with our instincts – it is our sexual root as well
. + Enjoy a happy, successful and balanced life by drawing energy from its roots. + Basically, by opening the root chakra you will get an overwhelming sense of courage, motivation and confidence that will replace your anxiety and allow you to live the life you’ve always desired.
Listen to free meditation to open your root chakra.
Swadhisthana (The Sacral Chakra)
The sacral chakra is the second major chakra (of seven) located in your pelvic area.
It is the chakra that helps you see things clearly, helps fuel your creative genius and feel more joy in life.
- Physical side: Reproduction;
- Mental side: Creativity and clarity;
- Emotional side: Joy;
- Spiritual side: Enthusiasm;
By opening up your sacral chakra you will be able to:
- Feel the creative surge coming back on so you will easily think of new ideas or creative solutions to old problems.
- Finally be able to get your brain from first to fourth gear and think clearly without anyone or anything clouding your judgment which leads to making quality decisions.
- Feel new passion for life and find joy in the simplest of things – essentially by looking at life through different eyes you will experience joyful feelings that you didn’t allow yourself to feel before.
- Feel peace inside and easily express how you feel without making an emotional attachment to what you’re saying.
- Figure out who you truly are by tapping into the universal consciousness.
- By opening up your sacral chakra you will be able to get clear about what you want out of life which will result in enhanced focus, great problem solving skills, emotional stability and a surge of passion, joy and creativity.
Listen to free meditation to open your sacral chakra.
Manipura (The Solar Plexus Chakra)
The solar plexus chakra is the third major chakra located in your stomach above the naval.
It is your ‘personal power’ chakra that can help you tap into your personal power, get over procrastination and dramatically increase your energy levels.
- Physical side: Digestion;
- Mental side: Personal power;
- Emotional side: Feelings of expansiveness;
- Spiritual side: Mental and spiritual growth;
By opening up your solar plexus chakra you will be able to:
- Get more control over your thoughts and emotions as a result of greater personal power.
- Own your emotional state and control your reactions – you will be more positive and stop worrying – thus gaining a huge advantage over the old you.
- Get over procrastination! Finally find the energy and will to do the work that you’ve been neglecting for so long.
- Feel energized and ready for action like never before by unclogging the valve and releasing the reserves of energy that you didn’t know you had within you in such great quantities.
- Increase your wellbeing as a direct result of renewed supply of energy you gain by unblocking the crown chakra.
- Open your mind more, easily drop your old limiting beliefs and thus be able to think outside the box, gain new insights into the inner workings of your mind and grow yourself spiritually.
Anahata (The Heart Chakra)
The heart chakra is the fourth major chakra located in your heart area.
It is the chakra that helps you feel more love and connection with the rest of the world.
- Physical side: Circulation;
- Mental side: Passion;
- Emotional side: Love for both yourself and others;
- Spiritual side: Devotion;
By opening up your heart chakra you will be able to:
- Feel love for yourself! You have to learn to love yourself first by not judging yourself and further fueling negativity, to be able to truly feel love for others.
- Understand and relate to others. Empathy will help you in many areas of life, from your career to friends to your love life.
- Find your direction in life and feel the passion within re-ignited.
- Open up your heart, feel and receive love from our collective whole and grow spiritually when you allow yourself to explore areas you were once afraid of.
Listen to free meditation to open your heart chakra.
Vishuddha (The Throat Chakra)
The throat chakra is the fifth of seven major chakras and is located in your throat.
The throat chakra will help think clearly and communicate your ideas to yourself and others effectively.
- Physical side: Thyroid;
- Mental side: Fluent thought;
- Emotional side: Independence;
- Spiritual side: Sense of security;
By opening up your throat chakra you will be able to:
- Make difficult decisions easily by always thinking clearly.
- Easily make new friends and climb up the corporate ladder by communicating clearly and effectively.
- Get back the sense that you are in the driving seat of your own life.
- Know that the universe is a safe, secure place waiting for you to explore your deepest desires.
Listen to free meditation to open your throat chakra.
Ajna (The Brow Chakra)
The brow chakra, also known as the Third Eye, is the chakra found between your eyebrows and is the sixth of the seven major chakras.
Your third eye guides your intuition and self awareness, while also helping you defeat your fears.
- Physical side: Brain and intuition;
- Mental side: Visual consciousness;
- Emotional side: Clarity on an intuitive level;
- Spiritual side: Balance between your higher and lower powers;
By opening your third eye you will be able to:
- Have a constant connection with your highest self which will allow you to make sound decisions even when there’s a lack of information;
- You will be able to use your sixth sense effectively by picking up information from outside your normal sensory range.
- See the bigger picture and know exactly what you want out of life by thinking about your problems from a higher level of thought.
- Get unstuck and rid of your fear of the unknown by becoming more balanced mentally.
- Basically, opening your brow chakra will help you not just listen to your intuition, but trust it and act on that trust, thus eliminating all of your fears and gaining true balance in your life.
Listen to free meditation to open your brow chakra.
Sahasrara (The Crown Chakra)
The crown chakra is found at the top of your head and is the seventh and the highest of the seven major chakras.
An open crown chakra means you can find the truth within and tap into the universal consciousness so you always have a strong connection with the universe.
- Physical side: Transcend;
- Mental side: Open inner knowledge;
- Emotional side: Deep understanding of yourself and others;
- Spiritual side: Connection with universe;
By opening up your crown chakra you will be able to:
- Experience the universal consciousness that resides within ourselves.
- Figure out the truth of who you really are and experience true enlightenment.
- Feel connected to the world and the universe.
- Tap into the knowledge of universal consciousness.
- Open up your mind, transcend the physical world and understand that there is more to life than what we can physically experience.
Listen to free meditation to open your crown chakra.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this overview of what opening each of the major chakras can do for you. Please share this with your friends.
Igor Tomić is a digital nomad who loves open spaces, well lit rooms and cat videos. Find more of his articles at www.thelawofattraction.org