Quotes have the power to immediately change your way of thinking and bring about an internal shift that is only possible with enlightening moments. Due to them being quick and easy to read, quotes are extremely popular across social media, and quickly spread throughout the world.
I have always loved quotes due to the simplicity and the deep impacting change that is possible when you come across a beautiful quote.
Here are 20 great classic inspirational quotes that I have picked up along the way:
1. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
2. “I saw that my life was a vast glowing empty page and I could do anything I wanted.”
3. “What I am really saying is that you don’t need to do anything, because if you see yourself in the correct way, you are all as much extraordinary phenomenon of nature as trees, clouds, the patterns in running water, the flickering of fire, the arrangement of the stars, and the form of a galaxy. You are all just like that, and there is nothing wrong with you at all.”
4. “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”
5. “If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”
6. “It is better to perform one's own duties imperfectly than to master the duties of another. By fulfilling the obligations he is born with, a person never comes to grief.”
7. “To be fully alive, fully human, and completely awake is to be continually thrown out of the nest. To live fully is to be always in no-man's-land, to experience each moment as completely new and fresh. To live is to be willing to die over and over again.”
8. “Your hand opens and closes, opens and closes. If it were always a fist or always stretched open, you would be paralysed
. Your deepest presence is in every small contracting and expanding, the two as beautifully balanced and coordinated as birds' wings.”
9. “Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.”
10. "Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
11. "Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose."
12. “Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.”
13. ”I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”
14. ”Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.”
15. “Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above it.”
16. “Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”
~John R. Wooden
17. “Change is not a four letter word… but often your reaction to it is!”
18. “Life is like a sewer… what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.”
19. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”
- Zig Ziglar
20. “If you’re going to be able to look back on something and laugh about it, you might as well laugh about it now.”