1. Get real.
Getting real means being in the present moment.
- When we are fantasizing about the future or thinking about the past, our life force drains and weakens us a little.
- When we are firmly present, in the now, the life force continues to feed back into itself and starts collecting Qi power.
Own your present state. Own your present feelings. Be aware of the inner observer and the energy of presence. This is where your greatest power is.
Over time and with ongoing practice, being present gets easier and easier and the more you practice it, the more Qi energy will collect within your physical and energy bodies, which you can then harness and direct later.
2. Withdraw from social norms and expectations.
When we buy into what society advises us to do with our money, our lives and our attention, we are not living with our own truth, but taking on the program of society, which is largely designed to take our power away.
When we get grounded in our present moment and are fully aware of our inner power, we will find that we will choose to live a life very different to social norms and the majority of people.
3. Avoid the news, newspapers, commercial radio stations and commercial TV.
All of these information streams are full of negative and stressful energies designed (mostly due to lack of understanding) to weaken our life force and fill our minds with jibba-jabba nonsense.
In order to build our life force and re-orientate our minds to something more beneficial, positive and empowering, we need a good solid period of time away from these streams in order to give ourselves the best chance of breaking out of it.
4. Let go of caring about what others think.
Most of our behaviours are set up to please and be accepted by others.
**Caring too much about what other people think causes the solar plexus to tense up, and it also rattles the energy in the heart chakra. These reactions send out a stress response through our bodies, weakening our life force
5. Horse stance for at 5-10 minutes a day (x2).
This practice helps to ground our energy, stimulates Qi energy and helps to store it in the lower dan tien (sacral Chakra), located just below the navel.
With a good supply of Qi energy in the sacral Chakra, it will supply us with lots of physical energy, inner courage, confidence, charisma and enhanced sexual power.
- Start by moving into a active yet relaxed horse stance. If you place your hands on your hips, then step your feet out to the side and bend the knees slightly. You want to get your knees in line with your elbows as this is a good indicator of foot placement.
- Next, bring your hands together just below the belly button with fingers of one hands laying gently upon fingers of the other hand. Then bring the thumbs together at the top to make a gentle circle.
Message from Guided Mind: Open up all of your chakras using our Complete Chakra Opening Collection album.
6. Find an exercise or movement method that builds bodily strength, flexibility and enhances concentration and mindfulness.
We can use the body as vehicle for developing and strengthens our mental capabilities. Also, moving the body helps to keep our life force circulating which help us to avoid stagnation.
Stagnation is a terrible feeling; early signs include mild depression, feeling stuck or trapped, easily agitated, fatigued and the ongoing feeling of not being able to get comfortable and fully relax.
7. Be clear about what it is you want and concentrate on it.
Ruthlessly, let go of the non-essentials. Do not allow your attention to waiver too often or for too long, otherwise you will never be able to follow through and nail what it is that you are going for.
8. Meditate and give yourself plenty of time out to smell the flowers.
Sometimes making ourselves busy is just fooling ourselves into thinking we are being productive. Having spare time is “productive” in its own way.
9. Work for yourself.
This means to either run your own business or operate as a subcontractor. When we work in this way we are in control of how we conduct our business, we get to choose when we work - which is in accordance with our bio-rhythms and energy levels, we are able to be creative and we can charge what we are really worth.
When we work for others we hand over our power and adhere to their policies and rules, have to work according to their timetables regardless of the natural rhythms of life, are limited in what we can earn and often we are unable to be creative or flexible.
10. Get out of and avoid debt.
Don’t spend more than you have. Spending more than you have is living in a fantasy and it therefore takes our power away.
When we get ourselves out of debt and start generating income streams from our own creative action, we naturally start to generate power as we come to master the physical plane.
When we have mastered the physical plane, which often simply means having more than enough money to do those things that enhances our inner Qi and enhances the Qi of those around us, we can move our attention more freely into the subtler realms of mind and spirit.
Michael Hetherington is a mover and groover in the world of self health care, yoga and activating the human potential. He is an author, online teacher, yoga instructor and Oriental medicine practitioner from Brisbane, Australia.
His latest book, “The Yin & Yang Lifestyle Guide ” is available now for free, for a limited time.