Oprah Winfrey is probably one of the people with the strongest mindsets that creates the success she enjoys.
How she got to where she is now is all thanks to how she thinks. Here are seven pieces of wisdom from Oprah Winfrey that will show us how in which way to change our thinking to achieve even the wildest goals we have, just like Oprah did.
7 Oprah Winfrey Quotes You Need to Read and Understand.
1. Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.
The saying ‘Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you’ll land among the stars’ comes to mind.
If we set low goals, the best that can happen is that we achieve those. But, if we believe in ourselves and set grand, even ridiculous goals, even if we do not achieve them, we will land further away than we would have if we only set goals for ourselves that seemed realistically achievable.
Set amazing goals and make your future amazing!
2. Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up having more.
When you are happy, you already feel like you have all that you need. And you will surely wish to accomplish something more, as happiness is found not in standing still, but in motion.
How thankfulness makes you end up having more, how it works is really simple:
- When you are happy and thankful, you are not needy.
- When you are not needy, you are abundant.
- When you are abundant, you attract more abundance into your life.
3. If you don’t know what your passion is, realize that one reason for your existence on earth is to find it.
It’s OK if you don’t know what you’re passionate about and what your purpose is
. Do try to find them though.
Never stop looking. Keep in mind that you need to find the passion within yourself first, and then you can apply it towards something else.
The shortcut to doing this is – doing. Do something new. Try something you’ve never done before. Repeat it mutliple times. I promise you that you will find your passion sooner or later.
4. Surround yourself only with people who are going to lift you higher.
People either help you achieve your goals or hold you back. Choose to be around those that help lift you up.
It might not be politically correct to say, but one thing that many, many people report as being a number one propellant for their personal goal is to drop some of their toxic friends, and attract new, great ones.
5. We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are.
This means that we need to change. Constantly.
Many of us are afraid of change. But we shouldn’t be. Mainly because change can be fun, and it’s unavoidable.
Even if you stand still in your life wishing everything stayed the same, change will still creep itself in and catch you unprepared.
Be proactive and work on changing yourself for the better, and enjoy it!
6. The reason I’ve been able to be so financially successful is my focus has never, ever for one minute been money.
Think of money as energy. The amount of energy you give is the energy in for of many things, including money that comes back to you like a magnet.
What you give is that which helps others.
- You may give others your knowledge, by teaching in school for example.
- Or you may give others joy, by being good at basketball or by creating great coffee.
- You may help others while leading by example.
You will get back as much energy as what you give to others helps them.
7. I believe that one of life’s greatest risks is never daring to risk.
If you never try anything new, there is no way that you will progress. Staying where you are right now is slowly going backwards.
There is no middle ground here. Break your fears, and go after what you desire by giving it your 100%. That is a great way to live life.
If you love this article, give it some love and pass it along.